Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Elite White infantry

This week I finally finished my unit of elite 'White' infantry for my Russian Civil War collection.  I have painted these troops as the General Markov Officers Regiment, which initially consisted entirely of ex-Imperial Army officers opposed to the Bolsheviks.  This is the first time I have painted 'smart' uniforms, & it was a nice change from camouflage & drab fatigues.  I'm really pleased with the overall look of the black-&-white colour scheme against the snow bases.

The miniatures are from Copplestone Castings, whose Back of Beyond range is very characterful, with great sculpting - only the gesturing non-comm officer lets the quality down in this unit for me (the raised hand is a bit basic).  The other Back of Beyond packs also have a much greater variety of poses, though even here there is nice variation in faces, expression, & gear.  I think the mass of advancing poses adds to the sense of this unit as well-drilled elites too.

4 comments:

  1. Lookin' fine as hell, dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, tacobat.

      Now that I've posted them, I notice I need to tidy their cap bands a bit. Also I'm thinking more or all of them should be wearing gloves, given the weather :-s

      Delete
  2. These are REALLY nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul. I've only recently got back into painting 28mm scale after a long bout of exclusively 15mm, so I'm glad these turned out okay.

      Delete